What you will need:
1-red pipe cleaner
2-white pipe cleaners
Standard #2 wooden pencil
- Take one red pipe cleaner and one white pipe cleaner, holding them side by side wind them around the pencil (fig. 1A and 1B).
- After the pipe cleaners have been wound from beginning to end carefully slip out the pencil. You will now have a red and white tube (fig. 2).
- Take the third pipe cleaner and guide it into the tube’s center (fig. 3).
- Take one end of the center pipe cleaner and fold it to clamp the outside of the candy cane, securing it in place (fig. 4).
- Trim the center pipe cleaner on the opposite end to about a half of inch (fig. 5).. Repeat step 4.
- Take your pipe cleaner barber pole and bend it into a candy cane shape (fig. 6).
Note: You can use up to four pipe cleaners to make larger candy canes (fig. note).