It is a new year, new beginnings, new projects, and new diets! But one thing hasn't changed with the new year, my obsession with making flowers continues. I am pleased with how this one turned out. It is very easy to make and cute with all the loopty loops...enjoy!
Felt, 30" long x 4-5" wide
Button (preferrably a shank style about and inch round"
Hot glue gun
- Cut a piece of felt 2" wide by 30" long. Fold the felt in half widthwise and hot glue the bottom open edge of the felt.
- Make small cuts long the folded edge of the felt (roughly an eighth to a quarter of an inch wide). It will look like fringe. Make sure to leave about a quarter of an inch uncut along the unfolded edge.
- Put a line of about an inch long of hot glue along the bottom (unfolded) edge of the fringe and start to roll up the felt into a circle around itself. Continue gluing and rolling the fringe until the felt forms a circular shape.
- Push back the fringe in the center of the flower to make room for your button. Hot glue the back of the button and place it in the center. Make sure to hold it in place til the glue is cooled.
- Download the pattern below and cut one heart and one circle out of the felt.
- Glue the circle to the back of the flower.
- Glue the pin back to the center of the circle. Next, glue the heart over the pin to cover up the the icky oozy glue that comes threw the holes.