As a child we always celebrated St. Patrick's day in my house. I remember having a collection of St. Pat's pins that I could wear on my boring school uniform...a new one for each year. To this day I love St. Patrick's day so I decided to make myself a grown up (but fun) shamrock pin.
1-bottle of Guinness beer
Needle and thread (match to felt)
Hot glue gun
- Drink beer and save bottle cap.
- Print out the pattern below and cut out 4 large petals, 1 pin cover and 1 base from the felt. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size).
- Thread the needle and knot off the end. Put a gather stitch the flat bottom of the small petals until they are all stitched together in a row.
- Pull the thread to gather the petals and tie a knot but DO NOT cut the thread yet. Wrap the petals around to start forming the clover and stay stitch it in place, now you can cut the thread.
- Glue the round base to the center of the clover.
- Glue on the pin in the center of the round base and cover with the heart.
- Turn the clover over and hot glue the beer cap to the center.